Monday, June 30, 2008

Aamir - Just OKAY!



Aamir is a story of a muslim doctor who works in London and supports his family in India. He comes home to see his family and turned into a scapegoat by one the extremist group for some mission unknown to Aamir throughout the movie. He was bound to follow his instructions as his family was kidnapped. The entire movie is all about Aamir dancing to the tunes of an extremist terrorist and exploring the worst of the slum areas of Mumbai.

I was excited in the beginning as the suspense was building up and I was curious to know what will happen next or why this is happening but the same situation has prolonged too far and then I got bored and was waiting for the movie to finish. How long you can be interested in one situation that’s been shown to you for the last 1.5 hours. Aamir is an excellent debut for both the director Raj Kumar Gupta and actor Rajeev Khandelwal. I am not a die hard fan of Rajeev akka Sujal unlike many girls but to give him the right credit I do agree he is a very talented actor. After the movie I am waiting to see how he will fair in a regular Bollywood masala flick.

First of all there is no Bollywood masala stuff (item numbers, romantic angle, song and dance track etc) to break the monotony of the hero following the directions from villain over the cellphone; on the top of it the movie is tragically slow. A hard core bollywood ishtyle fan like me won’t appreciate it that much.

I didn’t like the end as I don’t like good guys dying in the movie at the end. Alt least in the reel world things should be ideal. Even though the good guy is struggling in the entire movie he should meet a happy fate in the end.

0 comments:

Original design by andrastudio Blogger port by Blogger Templates

Powered by Blogger